Our 5 top tips for a home refresh this Spring Equinox, with the help of amazing Salisbury businesses.
1. REORGANISE: 'DOES IT SPARK JOY THOUGH?' Whether you're inspired by Marie Kondo, Feng Shui, or TikTok, we're all feeling that itch to organise and sort storage options, especially when it comes to the kitchen.
Why not head down to Dinghams where the family-lead team will be happy to help with kitchen storage solutions? Or pop into one of our larger stores like Lakeland or B&M for the biggest range of options to suit any home.
2. DECLUTTER: DONATE // SELL // RECYCLE
Having sorted out your storage and decluttered anything that you no longer need or use, be sure to donate, recycle or sell items that are still in good condition.
Alternatively if you'd like to make some money back on more expensive garments, Sister's Wardrobe is a fantastic second hand clothes shop on Winchester Street - working seasonally, they are currently looking for Spring/Summer clothing. All you need to do is email a list of clothing items to them, they’ll take a look and book you in for drop off, and then you will receive 50% back upon successful sale of any garment!
3. DEEP CLEAN: Time to give your home a bit more of a deep clean? Feeling the need to pull out the fridge, deep clean the oven and dust your extractor fan? We’ve got just the places to get all your cleaning supplies this Spring.
Firstly, zero-waste store Blueberry Den is fantastic for refillable eco-friendly cleaning products as well as natural cleaning solutions such as vinegar, bicarb, and coconut fibre scourers.
If you’re looking for a stronger, chemical alternative head to Robert Dyas in The Maltings for an amazing array of household products and cleaning options.
4. INTERIORS: Spruce up your interiors this spring with the help of one of our amazing interior stores. Pop to Salisbury Indies stalwart Casa Fina for a wonderfully curated home decor selection, complete with to-die-for Emma Bridgewater spring pieces.
Looking for something more eclectic and arty? Definitely check our Fisherton Mill - this gallery, cafe and shop that houses independent artists will most certainly have a perfect piece of decor to suit any creative home.
5. GREENERY: It’s been proven that having houseplants around improves wellbeing and boosts mood, so why not treat yourself to a new plant baby this Spring?